Capital Title of Texas is the largest independently owned title company in Texas, with title plants serving 32 counties across the state. Capital Title’s corporate office, located in Plano, Texas, is directed by the company’s Owner & CEO, Bill Shaddock.
Shaddock started in the title business in 1987 as a fee attorney for Dallas Title, which was then the largest independent title company in Dallas. Serving as a one man operation, Bill filled all the different roles involved in the closing process himself while working from a single office.
Over the next 15 years, Shaddock grew and expanded his operation into the largest fee office network in the state with 25 offices in the Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston areas. This network operated as American Title in Dallas, Commonwealth Title in Fort Worth, and First American Title in Houston.
In 2006, Shaddock purchased Capital Title of Texas and integrated his existing fee office network into the new company. Since that time, Capital Title has grown and prospered and now serves its statewide customers with over 65 branch offices serving the Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio metroplexes.
Today, the closing teams of Capital Title represent some of the most experienced and reliable residential and commercial escrow officers in the title industry. We assist over a thousand people a month in realizing their dream of home ownership. We count as our customers leading residential and commercial real estate professionals locally, statewide and nationally.
Most recently, Shaddock has founded First National Title Insurance Company, a #13 nationally ranked underwriter.
Capital Title today bases its business philosophy on a strong set of values and ideals, which help to guide team members towards our goal of delivering excellence to each of our customers.
1. Values and IdealsWe are committed to operating our business according to a strong set of values and ideals, which guide each team member as they interact with one another and our customers.
2. Commitment to ExcellenceWe are committed to delivering excellence to our closing teams and customers. Being good at our job is not a satisfactory objective. Excellent customer service is our goal and what we strive for. It is through our customers and their feedback that we get better each and every day.
3. Personal and Professional Development of Every Team MemberWe are committed to the personal and professional development of every member of our team. We strive to provide them with the tools and resources they need to be successful and deliver excellence to our customers. We hope that our values and ideals will make a positive difference in the lives of our fellow team members and our customers.
4. Family Business and a Business FamilyWe are both a family business and a business family. We treat one another and our customers, like members of our own family in everything we do.
5.Servant Leadership Type OrganizationOur leadership philosophy features a servant led model rather than a top down management style. Leaders in our company are resources for our team members and customers. They are always in service to those whom they lead.
6. Texas Based. Locally Focused.We are proud to be a Texas based and owned business, with a Texas based workforce. In addition to being a successful business, we strive to make a positive difference in the local communities in which we serve and in the State of Texas generally. Wherever possible we use Texas based and United States based vendors rather than outsourcing them in order to provide better service to our customers and protect home grown jobs. We also encourage our suppliers to support local businesses, since that is how we started and have grown so successfully over the years.
7. Accomplish a Great MissionWe are committed to accomplish a great mission and that is proving that our people and time honored values are ultimately more important than the ego of team leaders and corporate profits.
8. Success of the TeamWe are committed to the principle that the ultimate success of our team is more important than any individual within the team.
9. Positive AttitudeWe are committed to the goal that every team member should reflect a positive attitude in all of their interactions within the team and with their clients. Our offices will be places of peace, joy and happiness for each of our team members.
10. Different and DistinctiveWe are a different and distinctive company. We do not attempt to imitate any other company within or outside of our industry. We want our team members and loyal clients to have an elevated experience within the team and in their dealings with our team.